I have been receiving a few emails/texts asking if my little guy is here yet, so thought I’d do a little FAQ post on here:
– I am technically on “maternity leave” – but really only from shooting sessions. I am still trying to catch up on editing because I was so ill and basically useless for so many months. Who knew the last couple of weeks of this pregnancy would be when I felt the best?!
– I will start full on maternity leave as soon as he arrives. We are on an appointment-by-appointment basis at this point, due to some complications. I go to see the doctors 2-3 times/week and basically have to be ready to deliver at a moments notice.
– My due date is just 2.5 weeks away!!!!
– His nursery got put together real quick when we found out at 33 weeks that he could be here at any moment! SO incredibly thankful that I may carry this babe to (technically) term!!! I will post pictures of his nursery when he gets here and when its actually done done. :)
– The HG (hyperemesis gravidarum) is still around but at a manageable point where I have been able to wean myself off of most of my meds. I still take anti-nausea medication as needed.
I think those are most of the questions…
The picture above was taken yesterday at the perinatologist office, although I get weekly ultrasounds they hardly ever show me his face or 4D images (or what I call, “claymation images”) so this was a special treat! Look at that pouty face!!! And those lips; have no idea where he got those from! :)
She’s alive!!!!!! Barely, but yes, alive. There are quite a few things going on:
I’m pregnant! YAY!
Pregnancy and my body do not agree – BOO! I’ve been diagnosed with hyperemesis gravidarum (HG)- yeah, the same thing Dutchess Kate is going through. I’ve been admitted into the hospital twice now due to severe dehydration and its no fun being so sick all day, every day.
Being on the computer makes me incredibly nauseous. So I’ve been working on this post for about two weeks now. Ya.
Despite this unforeseen roadblock, there are still LOTS of fun things going on this year at Free Bird and I really can’t wait to start sharing with you! :)
Since I am due at the beginning of July, I am taking 8 weeks off – two weeks prior (because it’s likely I’ll deliver early) and 6 weeks after the babes gets here. So, what this means to you is that my “busy season” is drastically shortened. If you know you want summer portraits please get your name on my calendar!!
So that’s that. If you have any questions/concerns/words of wisdom on how to desensitize my nose to smells please tell me :)
And I do not want to leave you with the image of me being all sickly… so here is a radiantly glowing mama and adorable family! Her little girl should be here any day now and I can only imagine how breathtaking she will be.